The Information Centre at Windorah also had a Museum which was built around a Boundary Riders Mud cottage which was carefully transported from out of Windorah to the current location. Here it sits in glorious splendour lovingly cared for by the Community and volunteers, surrounded with memorabilia from the past.
The Whitula Gate Museum is based around an original slab hut built by the Rabbit Board in 1906 as a boundary riders’ hut. The hut was moved to its present location in 1996 to be used as the centre point of the museum. The museum has been designed to re-create an 1800s homestead. The museum has household and station equipment as well as aboriginal artifacts on display. Combined with the museum is the Windorah Information Centre, it is a great place to stop, revive and collect local information.