In December 2006 the six historic, city fringe churches of Ashgrove, Bardon, Herston, Newmarket, Red Hill and Rosalie combined their resources and energy to form the Jubilee Catholic Parish.
Welcome to our web site that gives you a snapshot of our Parish community and some of the many ministries and activities that make up our Parish Family.
Fr McCarthy and a committee of parishioners asked the architect, Robin Dods to incorporate design features from the cathedral at Albi into the design of the new church.On the 15th of May, 1912 the newly arrived coadjutor Archbishop, James Duhig, laid the foundation stone.
Over the next two years as parishioners raised money, the workmen followed the instructions of the architect and the people of Brisbane wondered what lay behind the scaffolding. With much fanfare, and surrounded by civil and religious dignitaries, on August 9th, 1914 the present St Brigid’s was blessed and opened by Archbishop Duhig.
The church, which is now listed by the National Trust, was a bold statement of faith by the Catholic people of Brisbane and remains a powerful place of prayer and hope for today’s generation.
In 1999, Red Hill joined neighboring parishes in an extensive time of pastoral review from which eventually emerged its linking with the historic parishes of Rosalie, Bardon, Herston, Newmarket and Ashgrove.
On 9th November 2006 these churches formally combined to form the Jubilee Parish with Fr Peter Brannelly appointed as the first Parish Priest.
With its magnificent Whitehouse organ, superb acoustics and energetic choir the Sunday morning 10am solemn Mass is popular with parishioners, families and visitors.
2012 marks the centenary of the laying of the foundation stone by Archbishop James Duhig.
Information on the history of the Church organ can be found here.